Sunday, January 11, 2009

Maidum Pyramid


Thanks to the countless hours of research Lea did for this trip, we're seeing some off-the-beaten-track sites. This pyramid was a stop on our drive from Cairo to Minya. It was a hazy morning, and the horizon wasn't very clear. About 40 minutes outside Cairo, Frank and I both started to see some mountain off in the distance. The closer we got to it, the more we realized it was a man-made structure--the pyramid of Maidum! :-) Needless to say we had the entire site to ourselves and it was a real treat to see. Thanks, Lea! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Stuart!

    Thank you so much for posting photos of this pyramid. I'd never seen or heard of it before. Hope you all are having an easy, comfortable, productive trip. We love you!

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Stuart,

    Oh. My. Gosh! I gotta say that my mouth dropped open when I saw this picture! Awe-inspiring and magnificent in its size!
    Thanks!
    Love beyond words,
    Mary Claire

    ReplyDelete